Saturday 15 October 2011

mid-October update

Not too much happening at Wychwood Moths with a spell of windy weather, a weekend away and then a switch to clear moonlit cold nights so only single figure counts on the nights that I have trapped in the last week or so. One new for the garden though which filled a gap in the list that I was surprised to still have coming to the end of my second autumn of trapping. Had I been overlooking any of these before ? Maybe not as this was distinctive enough, and I have had only the one so far.

Beaded Chestnut - new for garden Oct 4th

Blair's Shoulder-knot - a regular October catch here. 15 last year, but only three so far in 2011

Common Marbled Carpet - nice to get a white marbled individual. Well over 100 of these caught here, but majority are dark and the nearly all the others are the "orange-panelled" form

No comments:

Post a Comment