Tuesday 28 June 2011

27th June - growing the list

The rain and storms that were forecast earlier in the day did not materialise so the trap went out as normal. I had retrieved it all to the safety of the shed for opening when the rain came down at 7am. My reward was two more new for the garden (well one I'm sure about and one that I'm fairly sure about anyway). I expected both of these to get on the list at some point. Also a couple more new for year.
23 macro species altogether with a year max of 20 Heart&Club and Heart&Dart numbers now going down again. Only another Reddish Light Arches went on the list of more uncommon species.

Barred Straw - new for garden 27/6

Bordered Pug (probably) - new for garden 27/6
Presumably there was more white on the thorax when fresh...

Dot Moth - NFY

Poplar Grey - NFY, regular in the garden

Garden macro list = 209, so far this year = 119

1 comment: