Wednesday 15 June 2011

Marbled Coronet

Greatest variety so far this year with 24 macro species trapped overnight including two new for the garden and four additional new for year.

Marbled Coronet - new for garden 14/6, uncommon and local in VC30 with less than 30 records


Foxglove Pug - new for garden 14/6. Originally thought to be a Toadflax Pug due to small size (only just touching the 10mm grad on my ruler) and darkness of markings but when I looked at it again the patterning is just not right; also confirmed for me by other "experts"


Mottled Beauty - makes a change from Willow... new for year, only one in 2010


Light Arches - new for year, just two in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Great Marbled Coronet, bet you were thrilled when you saw that in the trap! I've seen Varied, but never Marbled. I had my first Light Arches this morning as well, 1ovely and fresh too.
    All the best.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh! Nice! On my tail again Mr. G?

    ReplyDelete